JOIN US FOR A COMPLIMENTARY IN-PERSON
Parent Education Night:
Managing Challenging Behavior in Children
Tuesday, October 10th – 4:00pm – 5:30pm
LMEC families AND prospective families invited. Feel free to invite your family and friends with young children – just make sure they register! Childcare provided for LMEC Families at no charge.
Living Montessori Education Community
2445 140th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98005
Challenging behavior in children can be a difficult and overwhelming topic for parents. It’s important to understand what challenging behavior is and how it can impact your child’s development.
This session will cover:
- Strategies for identifying your own triggers and internal beliefs, and how they can impact your child’s behavior.
- The brain-body connection, sensory processing, and self and co-regulation, which are key factors in managing challenging behavior.
- Practical strategies for parents to engage with their child during difficult moments.
- How to implement responsive and positive parenting strategies based on the brain-body connection.
- Tools to help your child develop healthy coping mechanisms and thrive.