Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for this Elementary Teacher position.
Inspire children. Build relationships. Change lives.
At Living Montessori Academy, our community is about people. Coming together in the best interest of children is what makes us want to come to work every day. Join our growing team and contribute to the collaborative effort in delivering nothing short of excellence to our children and families.
You can count on a supportive environment, predictable daily planning time and a dedicated, fully-equipped staff work room with all the materials you need so you can focus on enriching your work, building relationships and changing lives.
You will work during the school year beginning approximately the last two weeks of August through the third week of June, equivalent to 10 months. Summer employment is optional.
Elementary Lead Responsibilities:
- Lesson planning, providing one-on-one lessons and guiding students 6-9 years old
- Observing and tracking student learning using school technology
- Supporting each child to learn at his/her own pace
- Guiding children towards autonomy, curiosity and respect
- Supervising lunch and playground activities; keeping children safe, engaged and having fun
- Collaborating with families to align with the Montessori Method and understand their family values
- Contributing ideas in meetings; working with the lead teacher team and program supervisor
- Participating in community outreach activities
Upper Elementary Lead Teacher Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience with elementary age group
- Montessori Certification: American Montessori Society (AMS), Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) or Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) – preferred
- Current Washington State Teaching Certificate
- BA or MA in Elementary Education
- 30 hours Washington State Training & Registry System (STARS)/Managed Education and Registry Tool (MERIT) Basic Training or exemption
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to develop a strong connection with children and families
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Current First Aid, CPR and BBP Training certificate
- Living Montessori honors religious and medical exemptions to the COVID-19 vaccine
Upper Elementary Lead Teacher Desired Skills or Interests include:
- Experience in a Montessori environment and with the Montessori philosophy
- Strength in science and mathematics
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work independently
Upper Elementary Lead Teacher Benefits:
- Base salary: $48,000 – $60,000/year DOE and certification
- Competitive wage plus Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Paid time off (PTO) – All School year breaks (winter, mid -winter and spring) with 2 additional weeks of PTO. After completion of 1 year, eligible for PTO between Christmas and New Year.
- 5+ professional days and continuing education available
- Organic, chef-prepared daily lunch and snacks
- Well-stocked staff lounge for you to relax and unwind
- Job Type: Full-time