Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this Primary Teacher position.
Inspire children. Build relationships. Change lives.
At Living Montessori, we strive to develop empowered global citizens in partnership with their families. Join our growing team and contribute to the collaborative effort in delivering nothing short of excellence to our children and families.
You can count on a supportive environment, predictable daily planning time and a dedicated, fully equipped staff work room with all the materials you need so you can focus on enriching your work, building relationships, and changing lives.
We are looking for a Montessori Certified Lead Teacher for ages 3-6. You will work during the school year beginning approximately the last two weeks of August through the third week of June, equivalent to 10 months. Summer employment is optional.
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Lesson planning, providing one-on-one lessons and guiding students 3-6 years old
- Observing and tracking student learning using school technology
- Supporting each child to learn at his/her own pace
- Guiding children towards autonomy, curiosity and respect
- Supervising lunch and playground activities; keeping children safe, engaged and having fun
- Collaborating with families to align with the Montessori Method and understand their family values
- Contributing ideas in meetings; working with assistants and program supervisor
- Participating in community outreach activities
Lead Teacher Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a lead Montessori teacher for early childhood
- Montessori Certification: American Montessori Society (AMS), Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) or Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to develop a strong connection with children and families
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to team teach and/or work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Excellent math skills
- Current First Aid, CPR and BBP Training certificate (training available)
- Living Montessori honors religious and medical exemptions to the COVID-19 vaccine
Lead Teacher Benefits:
- Base salary: $42,000 – $49,000/year DOE and certification
- Competitive wage plus Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Paid time off (PTO) – All School year breaks (winter, mid-winter, spring and summer).
- Continuing education available
- Organic, chef-prepared daily lunch and snacks
- Well-stocked staff lounge for you to relax and unwind
- Job Type: Full-time