Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for this Assistant Teacher position.
Inspire children. Build relationships. Change lives.
At Living Montessori, we strive to develop empowered global citizens in partnership with their families. Join our growing team and contribute to the collaborative effort in delivering nothing short of excellence to our children and families.
You can count on a supportive environment, predictable daily planning time, and a dedicated, fully equipped staff work room with all the materials you need so you can focus on enriching your work, building relationships, and changing lives.
We are looking for Assistant Teachers for our Primary program, ages 3-6. Full-time and Part-time positions available.
Full-time from 9am to 6pm
Part-time from 2pm to 6pm
Assistant Teacher Responsibilities:
- Supporting each child to learn at his/her own pace
- Guiding children towards autonomy, curiosity and respect
- Supervising lunch and playground activities; keeping children safe, engaged and having fun
Assistant Teacher Required Qualifications & Skills:
- College degree preferred
- Montessori Certification: American Montessori Society (AMS) or Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) preferred
- 3 or more years of experience as an Assistant Teacher, preferably in a Montessori classroom.
- 30 hours Washington State Training & Registry System (STARS)/Managed Education and Registry Tool (MERIT) Basic Training or exemption
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop a strong connection with children and families
- Current First Aid, CPR and BBP Training certificate (training available)
- Living Montessori honors religious and medical exemptions to the COVID-19 vaccine
Assistant Teacher Benefits:
- $17-$20/Hour depending upon experience (DOE)
- Competitive wage plus Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Continuing education available
- Organic, chef-prepared daily lunch and snacks
- Well-stocked staff lounge for you to relax and unwind
- Job Type: Full-time, Part-time