15 Simple Holiday Crafts and Recipes For Families
The holiday season is a great time to get together with your family and help your children explore their creativity. No matter what holiday you celebrate, there is no shortage of fun crafts and simple recipes to make during winter vacation. Whether you are looking for some ideas for decorations your children can create or kid-friendly recipes to bring to your kitchen, try some of these entertaining activities with your children this holiday season.
Easy Family Holiday Craft Ideas
Crafting can be a fun way to spend some quality family time during the holiday season. There are a number of winter and holiday-related crafts families can make with just a few simple steps. Try some of the following easy at-home art projects with your family this December:
- Handprint Winter Cardinals, which require only construction paper and some kid-friendly paint.
- Coffee Filter Snowflakes which make fun home decorations
- Holiday Lights Paper Chains for festive brightness without using electricity
- Popsicle Stick Snowman which can be decorated in many ways
- Classic Handprint Wreaths, requiring only construction paper and glue
Holiday Recipes For Savory Snacks
If you are looking for healthy snacks children can help make, there are numerous holiday-themed recipes to explore. Whether you are seeking intricate creations or quick and simple options, try some of these family-friendly recipes:
- String Cheese Snowmen which you can create with string cheese, ribbon, and pens
- Snowman Bagels with a number of different toppings
- Santa Claus Veggie tray with assorted vegetables
- New Year’s Crescent Dippers for a festive New Year’s snack
- Veggie Tray Wreaths with broccoli, tomatoes, and other veggie decor of your choice
Sweet Holiday Treat Recipes
The holiday season is a hard time to avoid sweets treats. If you would like to make tasty winter desserts that aren’t too high in sugar and fat, try some of the following recipes with your children:
- Classic Gingerbread Cookies for a quintessential holiday treat
- Banana Penguins, made with bananas, chocolate, and M&M’s
- Snowy Tree Cupcakes for the bakers with a knack for engineering
- Gingerbread Man Hot Chocolate for an artistic and tasty dessert
- Grinch Kabobs made with bananas, grapes, and strawberries
At Living Montessori, we’re passionate about helping children of all ages explore various art and cooking projects. To learn more about our education community in Bellevue, contact us today!
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.